Air & Sea Freight Forwarding
Our air freight forwarding services fuse the reliability of our exclusive partner, DHL Global Forwarding, and leading commercial airlines with the flexibility and cost-effectiveness of bespoke insurance packages, made possible by a long-term business relationship with Delvag Versicherungs-AG, the Lufthansa Group insurer.
Airtrans provides air freight import and export services for those companies who need to import shipments into Cyprus on an expedited timeline – from collection point to your final point of delivery, and vice versa. Our service includes a personalised service with all aspects of the transportation process, including customs clearance.
- Direct IATA shipments
- Flexible delivery options
- Expedited consignments
- No weight or volume restrictions
- Complete export documentation
- Cargo consolidation and deconsolidation
- Full shipment tracking
This is one of the cornerstones of our operation. We handle heavy-lifts, rolling cargo, full container loads (FCL), less-than-container loads (LCL), household goods (HHG) international road transport and delivery option flexibility.
Our operational scope, through DHL Global Forwarding, covers almost any seaport around the world and includes projects that call for the coordinated use of the entire expanse of our own resources and, at the same time, require us to tap into our vast network of industry connections in order to satisfy specific needs, such as hiring large amounts of warehouse space and obtaining special permissions.
Our organisational agility and fortitude have been field-tested on several occasions, most notably, through our contribution as a complete onshore and offshore logistics provider for Noble Energy International in its Oil & Gas drilling operations since 2011 – as well as in the 2006 Lebanon War, where our shore base services were deployed for a period of six months in support of the relief operation headed by the International Committee of the Red Cross.
Customs Clearing & Brokerage
We are the first Company in Cyprus that became an Authorised Economic Operator and was granted the certificate of AEOF.
We ensure that cargoes are cleared on time for our customers. Due to our experience as a complete transportation solutions provider, we are today, one of the most extensive customs clearance and brokerage operators in Cyprus.
Cargo is handled at our own privately managed warehouse at Larnaca Airport, or at Limassol Port. Our network of licensed customs brokers, import and export specialists, work to ensure that customer cargoes have no delay, while minimising costs at the same time.
- Recognition as a secure and safe business partner
- Improved relations with customs
- Fewer physical and document-based controls
- Priority treatment of consignments if selected for control
- Choice of the place of controls
- Easier admittance to customs simplifications
- Reduced data set for summary declarations
- Prior notification
- Other indirect benefits
Our comprehensive range of logistical services will ensure your freight gets there at the right place at the right time. Our experience is second-to-none and we pride ourselves in the continual investment in people and technology to ensure that our services can be tailored to your specific needs.
As a provider of outsourcing solutions, we are ideally positioned as a one-stop shop for integrated logistics, transportation management, and warehousing and distribution. Our spectrum of services is designed to help you compress cycle time, lower overall product costs, maximise supply chain efficiency, improve inventory control and enhance customer satisfaction.
Our services include:
- International Freight Forwarding
- Customs Clearing & Brokerage
- Transportation Fleet (small vans, medium-sized hard-sided vehicles, tarpaulin vehicles, tonne trucks, tail lifts, trailers)
- Warehousing and distribution
- Comprehensive insurance on all transported items
Special Project Logistics
In addition to the services offered, Airtrans also undertakes “Special Projects”, sometimes with very short notice, with companies around the world and for services throughout the world. These Special Projects can utilise up to all of Airtrans services at once because of our specialisation, experience, capabilities, professionalism and comprehensive array of services that we can offer.
Many times, it is the combination of these services, along with other specific needs such as hiring warehouse facilities, obtaining special permissions or just being able to react in time that ensures that companies only need to look to one company to complete their projects.
Our experience and handling of such special projects in the Cyprus market is second-to-none.
Our Past Projects Include:
- Noble Energy International: First and Second Drilling Operation in Block 12.
- Weatherford, Cyprus–Russia: Cargo aircraft handling. AN-124 full charter flights containing oil well equipment. Duration 3 days.
- Weatherford, Ireland–Cyprus: Removal / relocation of a manufacturing unit / plan. Duration 6 months.
- Weatherford, Spain–Cyprus: Removal & relocation of an operational / storage terminal. Duration 3 days.
- Weatherford: Handling of overweight mafi with oil well equipment.
- ICRC Geneva, Cyprus–Lebanon: Shore based services provided to the International Committee of Red Cross. Duration 6 months.
Shore Base Logistics & Operations
We can provide tailor-made packages in plant logistic services at shore base. We can also provide planning, design and build support, network design, on/ off shore logistics, asset management, critical spares management and procurement, transportation of heavy lifts, cross docking as well as technical services through specialised sub-contractors.
Our services include:
- Ocean Freight
- Customs clearance
- Transportation Management
- Marine Services
Our services include:
- Receiving and inventory replenishment
- Purchase order management
- Sorting and segregating
- Pick and pack, labelling, fulfilment, delivery
- Emergency parts distribution
- Crating and packing
- Stock transfer
Handling & Storage of DGR
Dangerous and hazardous (DGR) goods require special attention and the knowledge and expertise to handle them. In our privately owned warehousing facilities, we are able to handle these goods professionally, safely and with all the necessary licences from the Government of Cyprus and as per local and international Rules and Regulations.
Our best resources are our knowledgeable staff, and we ensure that they are continuously trained and updated with the most recent instructions and guidelines for DGR goods handling. With this knowledge we can also offer all the necessary customs clearances required for these goods.
Airtrans is licensed to handle:
- Oxidising Substances
- Other Miscellaneous Goods
We offer a complete line of inland transportation solutions across Cyprus that can be tailored to your specific needs. Our Door-to-Door Transportation Services offer full inbound transportation, leveraging our best-in-class talent and tools.
Our delivery specialists offer a variety of support services for all types of specialised delivery and logistical needs, including tailor-made transportation management solutions for the Oil & Gas Sector.
Whether it’s a single time-critical package that just has to get to your required destination urgently, or you have freight distribution requirements, we are your transport company of choice.
Our services include:
- Pick up and delivery to / from Airports and Seaports
- Inland transport customised services
- Fleet consisting of various vehicle types small vans, medium-sized hard-sided vehicles, tarpaulin vehicles, tonne trucks, tail lifts, trailers
- Vehicles suitable for special loads
- DGR Transport
- Administration services
- Industrial shipments, assembly and disassembly of machinery performed by skilled technicians
- Service available 24/7
- Service available at short notice
Airtrans Group has considerable experience in the area of transport insurance and is the partner of Delvag Insurance. Through our collaboration we are able to offer tailor-made solutions for insurance protection, from logistics advice all through to loss prevention concepts and client-oriented claims handling.
Our services include:
- Transport insurance for all types of cargo
- Consequential loss insurance
- Support in the development of transportation and logistics concepts
- Valuable cargo and jewellers’ block insurance
- Transport of cash and valuables